Thursday 31 January 2013

Digipak feedback

I have completed the first draft of my Digipak. Here is the Digipak.


















I wanted to gather feedback from my target audience. I have done so through a feedback video.

I have received some really useful feedback from the feedback group. Here are some quotes from their positive feedback:

What do you feel is good about the digipak?
'Clear house style'          'I definitely think its really girly'     'Get a sense of fashion and style'

This feedback suggests that the house style and mise-en-scene is effectively communicating the girly and quirky artist identity.

Do you think it suits our target audience?
'Its young and quite funky'      'It appeals to girls'

I wanted to create an artist image that would appeal to our young female target audience in a personal and unifying way. It seems from the feedback that this is understandable through the digipak.

Do you feel that it suits our indie/pop genre?
'Unique and bright'       'Artist style looks quite indie'     'Different shots of artist are quite indie'  
'Quite different with the different textures'

I really wanted to communicate a clearly combination of pop and indie. The feedback suggests that the digipak has achieved this look.

I asked the group is there is anything they would change or improve, they gave some really helpful ideas and suggestions. I agree with this suggestions and these are the changes I am going to make:
- Add title on front  This will make the artist name and brand more memorable (a requirement often requested by record companies)
- Move bar code down to make it look more like a conventional digipak 
It is important to create a professional looking digipak in order to appeal to my  young music knowledgeable target audience.
- make links to website and extra content clearer and brighter 
Creating a strong artist/ audience relationship is very important. A digital and online form of communication will appeal to my target audience greatly.
- Remove the glue stick image as it looks out of place 
I want the design of the digipak to be cohesive and understandable.


No comments:

Post a Comment