Thursday 10 January 2013

Digipak Template

I am now going to begin developing my Digipak. This is the template that I am going to design around.


















I learnt in my Digipak research that close ups are extremely important when trying to appeal to a young target audience as they create a personal, relatable image. This was seen in much of my research of similar artists. I want to use similar shot types in my Digipak.
All of the Digipaks I looked at also had entropic and eccentric design aspects and mise-en-scene, which clearly communicate the indie aspect of the indie/pop genre. I therefore one to integrate this entropic, quirky tone into my Digipak. I feel that this would work very well with my artist as her lyrics are very light hearted and quirky. This will therefore be an example of Goodwin's theory of how a visuals often link with lyrics.
The final thing I learnt from my research that I want to be evident in my Digipak is the large presence and links to e-media with links to social networking sites and extra digital content. Like the artist's FLorence and the machine and Eliza Doolittle I want this to appear on the back outside section of the Digipak. This feature will suit and appeal to my young target audience for who internet and technology is hugely important and appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment